20.6.08

Training & preparation

I decided to take training a bit more seriously this year.  On my visits to the gym I started following a power training interval programme on the cycle trainer, along with a course of pilates classes.   This seemed to help with both speed and endurance, leading to me getting under the 1 hour mark for 3 laps of Richmond Park (20 miles) for the first time in April.

I also tried several audaxes in February & March (100k - 200k), my first sportive (The White Horse Challenge) in April and the Isle of Wight Randonee.  All of these were useful in matching my progress against other cyclists, as well as being good fun in their own right.  On Sunday mornings (when possible) I went on informal club runs with a group based in Crouch End - these varied from 40 - 70 miles.

No comments: